Google Analytics

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Radio Milano fail

Odometer: 2 710 km.


This morning I got a call that wake me up. At 7:36 (usually I sleep until 9:00) called David from Radio Milano Champion Motor's (Israel's Skoda, Audi, VW and Seat) installation service partner. He was ready to come in 30 minutes (from Bnei Barak) to any place I want (home, work, etc) and install missing 4 rear speakers in my Fabia. I told him t recall at 9, when I can understand what he is talking about :-)

When I called back at 9:08 and asked what kind of speakers he is going to install and if he did that at least once on Skoda Fabia 2 - he started yelling "what are you think we doing here?" and "what a stupid questions do you ask?" and so on. I asked who can answer me that question, he said to talk with my Skoda agent - Stefan and dropped a call.

I called Skoda Netanya, but Stefan wasn't there and Tzahi (another agent) said that he will check with Radio Milano all information and will call back.

Thinking of customer service quality we got:
Radio Milano - huge fail. Recommendation - call customer before installation (in normal hours, not everyone works since 7 am) to insure details and schedule time.
Skoda - very good. WTF, Skoda? (see UPDATE-1).

I had enough experience when my leased cars were returned from certified garage services with scratches on plastic parts all over, that's why I asked David about his level of experience. I don't want that someone strange broke doors plastic, unknown wiring installation with unknown equipment. Will you live your own child to a babysitter that can't answer if she ever did that? I guess, no - unless you know her or by recommendation.

The only speakers Skoda should install is ABA700002 - Mounting kit for rear speakers and that what was told me in the garage.

Also, if you got rear parking sensors gift from Skoda, that was also installed at Radio Milano. This is a display of that, shows which of 4 sensors is active (switching between 4) and it's distance to the object first in meters and if more close in centimeters.

UPDATE-1 (2011-02-20)
It was more than a week ago. Still no calls from Skoda.

No comments:

Post a Comment