Google Analytics

Friday, April 20, 2012

Door sill covers

As you may know, I got plastic covers from previous post. The reason I ordered them is not only better and finished look but also this

This is passenger side - small scratches from boots.

Mine side is fine, just few big scratches after alarm system install made by me and a my friend.

By the way, here I used paint touch-up stick for a first time and also fixed some paint on doors - great thing!

But I don't liked black covers. Of course I could order an expensive covers with metal plates but it cost almost x3 times more, so I choose plastic version.

To add better look, I played in Photoshop with tracks inside plastics (images converted from yellow car, may be not accurate - not so important).
Original - no change
50% white (gray)
100% white
I think white is too much, but gray is nice and it matches gray seats covers.

This set I get for 30 NIS. Probably not best choice for varnish but will see after several months. May be it will require applying once in a while.

Most difficult part is to precisely trace the paths with color. I used different brushes. Paint should dry out for 24 hours, varnish too. I put few layers of varnish so it took me 3-4 days to finish. But is was fun ;-)

Installing was simple, I used masking tape to mark where it should sit. Normally, at service they have templates as shown in doc KDA 700 001 Door Sill Covers (PDF).
Back side with protective tapes
Front before and after:


Masking tape as markers

Back door after:

Looks better now!

21 800 km | 1Y 3M (delayed post)

No comments:

Post a Comment