Google Analytics

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Real life consumption with Multitronics

Now, with new Multitronics VC731 getting trips data was never so easy. It saves last 21 trip and I can get all data in text file via USB. That's what I'm going to do once a month. No more pen and paper work.

All data is available in GDocs spreadsheet

Current avarages for last period:
Urban - 8.0 liters/100 km
Non-urban - 5.8 liters/100 km
Average - 7.4 liters/100 km
Driving notes:
- no air conditionning these days
- 1-2 people in a car

And here is official Skoda specs reminder
Skoda Fabia - Engine 1.2 l/77 kW TSI - EU5 screenshot from owners manual
Old post about consumption - Real world fuel consumption.

UPDATE (2012-02-09):
A word about gear suggestions as noted in comments. Last few days I checked how I drive according to shift recommendation for changing gears on dashboard display. It turns out that I shift gears almost as computer suggests me :-) At least upwards.

5 comments:

  1. No doubt about, real life it ....very real.

    Do you use built-in speed gear suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not feel comfortable with what recommendation for changing gears suggests. It can show up even around 1,300 rpms (if no less) for higher gear. By engine vibration I understand that is not what he wants too. I shift up a gear at about 2,000-2,500 rpm.

      My drive style is very smooth. I never did a kickdown or spinned above 5,000 rpms (yet ;-).

      Delete
    2. In my case, I feel same, especially in Jerusalem where are no straight roads)

      Delete
  2. From driving fabia DSG, if you drive easy (like I do) the DSG changes gear up around 1300-1500, and go to 1100-1200 on next gear.
    somethings I feel the engine is not very happy with the current RPM, but the gear is not changing down, just if I'm giving it more gas.

    Farther more, it you accelerate with light foot on the gas from 0 to 100, every time the gear shifts up you feel that you are loosing power, because the TSI likes to be above 1500 RPM.

    BTW, can you post a picture how the multitronics is connected to the OBD port, because the OBD port is not located in a good place, too close to the knee under the steering wheel, and covered by the plastic cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see more pictures from my previous Multitronics (btw, on sale) http://skoda-fabia-israel.blogspot.com/2011/04/multitronics-vg1031gpl.html

      That's how it connected via diagnostic socket. Very easy install, no need to break down a single plastic.
      https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-XmM9HB2l2nw/Ta2cFp9CosI/AAAAAAAAD64/N9C529g6Ib0/s640/IMG_5598.jpg

      Delete