Google Analytics

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Real world fuel consumption

Skoda Fabia - Engine 1.2 l/77 kW TSI - EU5 screenshot from owners manual
According to this page from owners manual, our car should consume 6.8 liters at every 100 kilometers in the cities and 4.5 at highways. Probably, it is... in ideal world. Here in Israel with hot weather and different traffic I got other numbers, the real numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AstaR8Qp-BJZdFFoWTBmMUhBVTNhbGd6U254ZHRTc1E&single=true&gid=6&output=html
Urban - 7.5+
Non-urban - 5.8+

This is my on-going research. From time to time I check car display, Multitronics (that is very handy, it also log last 20 trips) and fill on paper and later posting in Google Spreadsheet. This takes almost zero time as I anyway wait a couple of seconds before switching off engine. Multitronics measures precisely enough, just imagine show me exact fuel amount I need to fill with difference of 0.1-0.3 liters.

Lower average speed indicates more urban traffic and also driven time. I also was trying 98 fuel to check if I got more power and less consumption with same driving style - that's not worked for me, I do not recommend to pay more and have same results.

No comments:

Post a Comment