Google Analytics

Friday, December 23, 2011

Diagnostic scan tool Multitronics VC731

If you remember, back in April I got a new toy Multitronics VG1031GPL - advanced scan tool for vehicle.

Few days ago I bought newer version of it Multitronics VC731. It's was used device, barely few weeks and in good condition. Installation simple as usual - just plug in in diagnostic port and voila! I actually just replaced units, because wiring is the same.
Multitronics VC731
Here a quick video.
Now, about main feature for me and a reason of upgrade. No, it's not color screen or faster CPU or more functions - it's about USB port. Now I can easily update firmware, setup screens and download last 20 trip logs for my statistics table.

But, USB port is closed with cover. To get there you need to uninstall device, remove case. And it's totally wrong, so I made a hole for USB cable. This is actually what manufacturer should do.
Hand-made USB hole
In case someone interested in my old device Multitronics VG1031GPL, I'm selling it. Write me if interested. It works with most modern (and not) cars. Verified car list is here (use Google Translate from Russian), but this is not a full list actually.

See also
Multitronics VC731 product page (Rus)

No comments:

Post a Comment