Google Analytics

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Installing Bosch EC9 horns

I didn't liked original sound of horn so I ordered at eBay a set of Bosch EC9 - $8.75 for devices and $13 for shipping from Hong Kong.
Package from Hong Kong
In the package were two fanfares: one low 420 Hz and a high 510 Hz. Now, when I know that original Fabia's horn is same high horn, you can buy only one and connect them together. Here is Bosch EC9 and EC9-C paper for full details on devices.


To make it work, connect them in parallel. Here is a wiring diagram
Skoda Fabia horns wiring diagram
I also put some isolation from easy water access. All connections were covered with heat shrink tubes (not shown at picture) and other surfaces with hot melting glue (also not shown).

And more than that, I made a video of install process that took me about 15 minutes before a work.

UPDATE (2011-04-05)
Sound compare. First red Fabia with original horn, second in mine with full EC9 set.

No comments:

Post a Comment