Google Analytics

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First oil change

It happened. Picture and video missing (soon)...

So I came at 9 to Skoda Hagoren garage at Netanya. Alexander took the car, I gave him Valvoline oil and went to waiting room.

In 25 minutes all was done. Old oil was black as they told (sure, why not).
Work price is 139 NIS, original oil filter - 139 NIS.

Impressions from first ever service in Skoda.
Garage are cool. They have open WiFi spot with Internet and I was able to connect to workplace via VPN. Nice friendly people having fun.

In guarantee booklet they did not singed because that is for planned (15K km or year) services. Also there is no word about what type of oil was filled, only "synthetic customer's oil" - not cool, cause with this you can't proof what you used. But whatever, may dash cam was on and I got a funny videos there :-) Next time I will ask to write oil  spec into the order.

After they drain off all oil they pour in all 4 liters - that is a mistake. As you can find in ELSA and owner manual, you need only 3.6 liter (including oil filter). The result of that was above the maximum level - this can damage catalytic converter. But nobody answered me why they do that. Actually, they wanted from me to bring 4.4 liters - donno why. So when at evening after work I withdraw dipstick, oil was oil was ~0.5cm above the max. I drove home carefully. Next day morning, I sucked out with syringe about 150 ml. Will keep an eye on it next few days to normalize the level.

Another strange thing is that when you screw out oil drain plug for this engine - you should replace it with new one. That is what you can find in maintenance operations in ELSA and I saw that also in some SSP document. They used old plug. When I will find that instructions, I will go to garage to see how that happened.

Also they topped coolant for 1 cm above the maximum line.

Document scan.

Odometer 6 967 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment