Google Analytics

Friday, May 20, 2011

Valvoline SynPower 5W-40 VW 502

Valvoline SynPower 5W-40 full synthetic motor oil
I've ordered an oil replacement for next monday.
My odometer says about 7 000 kilometers. Normally, you need to change oil every 15 000 km or year (which comes first). Noone will stop you from that, it's only about money. It can't do any worse.

Valvoline SynPower 5W-40, back view
When buying an oil, first of all, you need to be sure it has VW 502 (petrol) or VW 505 (diesel) approvals.
Second, production date. You need as fresh as you can get. Typically, oil expires after 5 years in case of proper storage conditions. Opened oil don't likes any air contacts, temperature changes and other factors.
Important text on a back

Mine I bought from Valvoline warehouse in Industrial park of Emek Hefer.
First, I wanted to go in oil store at Hertzliya, but before I ran out at morning, I made a call to warehouse office - because this is the source of all Valvoline products in Israel so I can get freshest oil. Lucky me, they can sell also a single can for cash. 

The warehouse street is new and not exists on Google maps and iGO GPS, but now we have a map.
Valvoline warehouse on map.
Money I paid for 4 liters of SynPower is 210 NIS. At stores I saw that for 220 NIS and 70 NIS per 1 liter.

Valvoline links
Lubricant advisor (multilingual)
Valvoline product catalog Israel (hebrew)
Valvoline SynPower 5W-40 specs
Valvoline SynPower MST 5W-30 specs
Valvoline SynPower XL-III 5W-30 specs

See also
How to read oil date codes
google: how to read valvoline date codes

No comments:

Post a Comment