Google Analytics

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Depreciation loss

Skoda Fabia Depreciation Loss
If you know (or don't, but should :-) as you drove from your dealer in a new car, in that same moment, your car value dropped. Now it's not a new car anymore, it's used. If you plan to have this car for a long period it shouldn't be a problem, but for short period is not a good way to invest money. Value loss in first 2-3 years is most dramatic.

I will maintain this chart over time as I get new data. This chart was build on Levi Itzhak price list, model 676153 as showed in insurance policy. Do not use my chart as master reference, as it just my calculations from what I found in his price list and I'm not car expert.

Also available as GDoc table.

4 comments:

  1. you are right but I think you should considerate the fact that dealers of brands like Skoda give big discounts to pump up the sales that's why there is a small difference between the new and 1 or 2 years old skodas, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference between new and old car is because car is loosing the value over time, not because of discounts. Big discounts they give for old not TSI engines that also make things worse for us, this also lower price of our car on second market.

      Delete
  2. you didn't get my point...

    I just meant that if you can buy a new car with a very low price, the difference between the new and the old car's prices should be small, right?

    or you are telling me that levi izhak takes in calculation the dealer's discounts too and the price of second hand car will be lower for brands which dealers give regular big discounts...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's right. 16% loss from 100K is 16K and it's more than 16% from 50K which is 8K.

      I'm not sure that Levi Itzhak takes all deals and discounts into account.

      Delete